Goats/pegnat goat due lastnight or today

my pygmy Judith is due today but I've stayed up all night and she is dripping milk but no kids yet she is sleeping right now i think but she is smaller than a regular pygmy about half the size and she is very restless and i was wondering should i bring her into the house or the kids when they are born its 8 derees outside right now and I'm going outside every few minutes to see if she had them but not yet I'm worried that she might not have them by tomorrow which is today already but should i call the vet if she doesn't have them by this afternoon I'm worried that she won't be able to give births to the kids because she is so small and she is a first timer

You should either call a vet or wash your hand really well, use a lubricant like ky jelly, and feel inside her. The kids may either be too large or not facing the right direction. Pygmies have more kidding problems than other goats and if she is small it is more likely. You don't want to lose her. You can look on the fiasco farm web site for help on what you should be feeling, if you decide to do it yourself. I would recommend a vet now, rather than waiting.

Please let me know how it goes and I wish you luck.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law