Goats/Re: Migis eyelids

Good Evening Donna,
Update on Migis lower eyelids i would say the color is a light/medium color definetly not a dark pink in color. He continues to eat he haven't pooped this evening not yet. But if  he does i won't be able to tell b/c it would be dark i hope there isn't anymore red mucus streaks. I do nothing but worry. However hes been good so far quiet walking around. U know Donna he walks around looking for weeds but mostly finding and eating cigarette butts. Could he have worms b/c i read somewhere that when goats eats cigarette butts its suppose to cure worms is this true? Maybe not i guess i can't believe everything i read or hear right? Anyway today he seemed more like himself than yesterday maybe the continuing sulmet is making him feel better. Let me know. Thanks Donna

Me & Migi

Thanks for the update.  The lower inner eyelids - these are the true inside mucous membranes of the eye - are supposed to be a light to rosy pink in color.  If white then he could be anemic from loss of blood.  But doesn't sound like it is white so should not worry there.  Re cigarette butts, yes, the theory is the tobacco kills the worms - but the goat would have to eat a lot of tobacco to help - I think they just like the flavor of the butts.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County