Goats/Re: Sucking ticks

Question
Hi Donna,
U know i was wondering if Migi has ticks b/c u know our dog was loaded with the sucking ticks my mother & sister sat down and had to pull off as much as they could & since Migi is black it is so so hard to tell. I often brush him and what makes it worse is that the dog has the baby ones i hadn't put any PYTHON DUST on him lately but i wonder if he has and what if he does will this PYTHON DUST KILL IT? Or do i need something stronger to put on him. This is just a guess i don't know if he has but our pet dog goes in & out of the house and Migi & this dog sometimes get in contact with each other. Sometimes i see Migi scratching and biting his feet. If he has these ticks on him can this be the cause of him being sick and not eat? Thanks Donna

Luv,
Me & Migi

Answer
It is possible the dog to pass on ticks to Migi.  Python dust should kill the ticks.  I really don't know if the ticks you have there carry any disease such as Lyme disease or rocky mountain fever, would have to look this up. Will let you know on that.  Donna  

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres