Goats/swollen neck

Question
My buck got is head in a fence. he had been there a few hrs it was slightly turned and at some point he let himself hang there due loss of footing (he was climbing). when we got him loose his head stayed turned to the side he was stuck. he tryed to get up but he stumbled and fall. My neighbor (ex sm animal vet)said he may need to rest a min. I got him in the barn and he layed there and ate and has drank water if it right in front of him. thru the nite he try's to get up does drink, He is breathing fine has regular bowel movements and uriates.He lays down alot and sits up for a few mins.I give him 1 baby aspirin every 4 hrs and a B12 shot. Should I try to immobile his neck? What do you suggest?

Answer
Goat Health Care has a remedy for pain: one cup warm water, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tsp sugar or honey, pinch of salt, baking soda and ground ginger.  The dose for aspirin is 50 to 100 mg every 12 hours. I am wondering if it is an injury to vertebra.  Can you get the neighbor to check and give you an idea of what to do?  You definitely want to keep treating for inflammation and swelling.  I would also suggest contacting a vet for some dexamethasone. I hope it improves and is not a permanent injury.  

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith