Goats/wether still lethargic

Donna- wether still lethargic and laying down in hut. He goes from getting up to being sick-acting again. I have given: LA-200, probiotics, baking soda, Ivermectin, Potassium Citrate, Lemon Juice, Coke, B Complex, Milk of Magnesia, aspirin, and ginger ale! He appears to be urinating, but it is still blood-tinged, bowel movement, but hard pellets. We have seen him drinking and eating. He was with his mom and sisters but now is by himself again. I have run out of options!   Jane J

Hi there - have you had a chance to take a temperature?  No baking soda and no coke or ginger ale.  Glad he is urinating.  You said he is giving hard pellets - but these are normal pellets for a goat, just a little hard/dry?  I would start him on an oral antibiotic - assuming he has a urinary infection - this would be Sulmet liquid or tetracycline powder or duramycin powder - the liquid is 1.5 ml per 15 pounds body weight twice a day; either of the powders are 1 teaspoon twice a day; whichever treatment would be for 7 days.  Would continue with the aspirin and probiotics and vitamin B complex.  You can add the potassium citrate to his water.  Would not give milk of magnesia if he is pooping normally, which sounds like he is - the "hard" pellets would be due to not drinking enough water.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County