Goats/wether with UC?

Hi Donna- I gave my wether some milk of magnesia, lemon juice, and some baking soda in a syringe drench. I also massaged his rumen for a long time. When I did this I did not hear any sounds coming from it. This morning I went out and gave him some more lemon and citrate. I noticed his bloat was gone, his tail was up and I noticed some blood-tinged liquid, I assume urine, underneath him. He was also back with his mom and two sisters, drinking and eating. Now I don't know what helped him! What do I do to maintain this equilibrium?   Jane J

Thanks for the update.  So, from the blood tinged liquid, which is most likely urine - this sounds like it was urinary calculi or a urinary tract infection.  Would keep up with lemon juice for two more doses to clean him out, along with the citrate, and also keep up with the LA200 for another 2 doses.  He definitely sounds like he had bloat and I am assuming he has been pooping now?  Nice job - keep me updated - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County