Goats/nuban goat

Question
I have two male nuban goats that I got about 4 months ago.  They are about 3 to 4 years old. They came to me well feed, but with severe hoof overgrowth.  We have been trimming them slowing to get them back to normal.  But, my problem is one of them is walking on his knees, like he is in pain, i checked him over and found no swelling, no problems with hooves. I given him de wormer. His eye lids and mouth is pale in color.  What do I do to help him? when he does walk he walks very gingerly on his front feet. I feed them, cracked corn, cob plus, hay .

Answer
Sounds to me like he has a mineral difficientcy.
You will need blood work done to determine the exact mineral but it seems like he has white muscle cause by a lack of copper and selenium. Do you offer a mineral block an/or loose minerals?

This is a big problem that needs to be addressed as it will progressively get worse.
A vet can pull blood an test for a lack of a mineral.

Good luck!  

Goats

Emily