Goats/Pygmy goat drooling

I have a 12 year old pygmy goat.  In the last few days he has not been himself.  He is drooling on the right only, right ear is floppy and right eye is tearing.  Any idea what might be wrong?  There is no swelling that I can see and he has had no changes in diet or routine.

Generally when a goat is drooling and one side or the other is more affected this is either a stroke or polio.  Has he been eating well? What is his temperature? (anything over 102.5 is a fever which indicates an infection.  The stroke can happen just from older age.  The polio generally occurs when a goat is not eating well or the rumen is not functioning well and that means not enough thiamine/B1 is getting to the brain so the symptoms of polio start.  Have you seen any mold in his feed at all?  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County