Goats/wether wants to breed

we have a one year old nigerian wether that keeps trying to breed with all my girls and he is getting very rough and pushy  with them, not to mention that he smells very musky.  Someone told me that the breeder may not have wethered him totally and that one testicle may have not decended all the way.  Is this possible and can he get them pregnant?.. I am getting frustrated with him because he is being so mean to the girls.  Can you help me?

Hi Sally, it is very possible. However you would KNOW if he only had one testie drop as only one would have been in the scrotum. Do you recal him having two or just one? Also I have heard that if you just the method of crushing the spermatic cord rather than surgery or banding it can sometimes make them still act Bucky. If he does have a remaining testical then he can breed easily.  

I can answer anything relating to goat health. From medications, dosages, what medication you can give to pregnant does, what meds you can give for Urinary Calculi, I can help with birthing complications, preparations,and after the birthing. Goat diet, such as percent protein needed for different age groups. foraging questions, best hay for them and different types of hay. hoof trimming, milking and basic dairying. bottle raising kids, disbudding kids, wethering males. the only questions I can not answer are the ones about serious injury as i am not a vet, nor am I able to asses the situation with out seeing the animals.

I have raised dairy and meat goats for most of my life. Degree in biology and dairy sciences. I have birthed hundreds of goats, milked goats for ages, made products from the milk. disbudded several kids of all sizes.

American Dairy Goats Association, American goat Society, Nigerian Dwarf goats Association Georgia Boer Goat Association

Degree in Biology, Minor in Diary science

Superior genetics (goats)

Friends and family