QUESTION: i have a doe with bottlejaw, plus she have 3 nursing kids. i dont know what to do? first of all with the kids should i remove them and nurse them myself so they are not draining the mom. and how should i take care of the mom.

ANSWER: Yes pull the kids immediately. Watch them and make sure they don't contract it as well. To treat bottle jaw you need to know what caused it. Bottle jaw is caused by fluid build up along the jaw line from the animal being unable to keep their was lifted up. This is caused by a weak animal. Are there any other symptoms? It can be caused by a worm infestation, a mineral deficiency, or more serious, a muscle disease or a severe illness. Any other symptoms would be helpful.

QUESTION: mineral deficiency if i'm not mistaken, and the inside of her eye is pale like white. is it worms or lack of protein

Do you provide loose minerals? Do you offer grain? I would buy loose minerals, make sure it can copper and selenium in it, and offer it to all goats free choice. If your just dying to know what mineral she's lacking the vet can draw blood and tell you. I would worm her just to cover the chance and give her some red cell to get we color back.

I can answer anything relating to goat health. From medications, dosages, what medication you can give to pregnant does, what meds you can give for Urinary Calculi, I can help with birthing complications, preparations,and after the birthing. Goat diet, such as percent protein needed for different age groups. foraging questions, best hay for them and different types of hay. hoof trimming, milking and basic dairying. bottle raising kids, disbudding kids, wethering males. the only questions I can not answer are the ones about serious injury as i am not a vet, nor am I able to asses the situation with out seeing the animals.

I have raised dairy and meat goats for most of my life. Degree in biology and dairy sciences. I have birthed hundreds of goats, milked goats for ages, made products from the milk. disbudded several kids of all sizes.

American Dairy Goats Association, American goat Society, Nigerian Dwarf goats Association Georgia Boer Goat Association

Degree in Biology, Minor in Diary science

Superior genetics (goats)

Friends and family