Goats/first time mom with mastitis

Question
I have a goat that is a first time mom and she had a single kid and she instantly didn't have milk and her utter is hard we could get some out if it if any at all but its very thick and i don't understand why she would have mastits if she is a new mom... we have had mastits issues in the past with other goats... what can i do to help her or fix this thanks

Answer
Sorry for the late response!
Mastitis is caused by an unsanitary condition. Doesn't matter if they have never kidded before then. If the udder is in lactation they can get it. I would keep it clean and give a mastitis treatment shot from a vet or tractor supply. The shot goes into the orfice of the teat. Also rub a peppermint congestion cream on her udder. It can be found at tractor supply as well

Goats

Emily