Goats/goat choking loosing weight

Question
my goat eats goat pellets I have 5 they wait for me every morning but my one female is choking like she can not get the food down her throte she just gives up and walks off while the rest eat she is loosing weight fast she always trys one mouth full and shakes her head and neck trying to get it down but seems to give up  !!!! please help

Answer
How old is the goat? Does she foam at the mouth when she seems to be choking? Is she eating other items like hay or pasture?  Is she drinking water?  How long has this choking been going on? Are there any lumps or bumps around her throat on the outside? No foreign body that she might have swallowed?  Is she up to date on worming? This sounds like she could have an infection/inflammation in her throat.  I would start her on penicillin intramuscular injections at 3 cc/100 pounds body weight twice a day for 7 days.  Along with this antibiotic she also would need probiotics - I use human yogurt - 1/4 cup for a 75 pound goat given orally twice a day - I usually mix with a little water to thin it out so you can give using an oral drenching syringe.  Is she otherwise peeing and pooping? Is her poop pelleted?  I would also start her on vitamin B complex with thiamin - this is the human type -giving four times the human dose twice a day (for an adult goat) - crush the tablets and mix in a little water to dissolve and give orally.  You can also give her aspirin for inflammation and pain at one 325 mg human aspirin (again crushed and dissolved) given orally every 4 to 6 hours - one 325 mg tablet per 100 pounds body weight.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres