Goats/goat in heat

Question
I have two Nubian goats, the male is fixed and I think the female is not. She is wagging her tail alot and making alot of noise which she usually doesn't, I am guessing she is in heat. Can I still get her fixed and will that help? They actually belong to my husband but am worried the neighbors might complain about the noise

Answer
In my experience Nubians are the WORST about noise. They are a very vocal breed. Your doe is more than likely in heat however, spaying her May not be a good option. It's not common to alter female goats as it very expensive and a high risk invasive surgery. If you really want to spay her contact your vet and ask their opinion. Another option is to find a male and just breed her to shut her up. Once the kids are weaned you can sell them and start over.

Good luck

Goats

Emily