Goats/Skinny lame goat

Hi There.
We have an Goat thats very skinny althouh she eat a lot.
It start with diaree whitch we struggle to stop but now it fine and like it suppoce to be baut she don't gain any weight.She do not walk anymore but we really want to save . please if anyone can help!

Hi Susan,

Sounds to me like you have a case of worms. Very easy to correct. Buy a wormer, ivermectin, safeguard, cydectin, or strongid is fine. All but the safe guard is for horses or cattle but commonly used with goats. Depending on weight depends on the dosage.  

I can answer anything relating to goat health. From medications, dosages, what medication you can give to pregnant does, what meds you can give for Urinary Calculi, I can help with birthing complications, preparations,and after the birthing. Goat diet, such as percent protein needed for different age groups. foraging questions, best hay for them and different types of hay. hoof trimming, milking and basic dairying. bottle raising kids, disbudding kids, wethering males. the only questions I can not answer are the ones about serious injury as i am not a vet, nor am I able to asses the situation with out seeing the animals.

I have raised dairy and meat goats for most of my life. Degree in biology and dairy sciences. I have birthed hundreds of goats, milked goats for ages, made products from the milk. disbudded several kids of all sizes.

American Dairy Goats Association, American goat Society, Nigerian Dwarf goats Association Georgia Boer Goat Association

Degree in Biology, Minor in Diary science

Superior genetics (goats)

Friends and family