Hi Donna , how are you ? A question about the amount of nutrition in young Fir and Spruce tree's . Is there nutrition in them ? My Goats love to strip the bark from the older trees and when I fall them they devour everything but the wood , so can't be bad for them , just want to be sure . Thanks

We're good here except cold temps - 10 this morning and high will be 15 - been that way for a week now - sooo tired of it when the water freezes - but the goats love the hot molasses water!  Yes on fir and spruce - great for goats - bark is great for them and all the boughs/green/branches are great too.  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County