Goats/Re: Goats

Hi Donna,
MERRY CHRISTMAS from our family to yours & all the goats & babies! I hope all is well this will be the first CHRISTMAS without Migi i sure misss him alot! i still has his CHRISTMAS WREATH with the bells that my sister bought for him to put around his neck. Past CHRISTMASES he always wore that WREATH & he was our REINDEER during that time..Boy my family & i our eyes tears up when we see his picture but we know hes in HEAVEN having a grand ol time with my DAD..I hope this NEW YEAR brings u lots of good cheer & keep u & your family & of course those goats & babies HEALTHY & in good spirits...Although there are some people here that SLAUGHTER GOATS for consumption for the holidays just makes me SICK to my STOMACH..If i had a huge piece of farmland i would pardon all those goats u know how much i LOVE them but i just don't have the space & the knowledge like u do..So with that being said HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2014! LOTS OF LOVE HUGS & KISSES..

Me & the Family + Migi too

So good to hear from you.  All well here.  We had some very cold (10 degree) weather over a week or so and the goats did well with that in their shelters and lots of warm molasses water and extra treats.  It's always good to remember our goats of the past - I can remember our first goat, Shadow, whom we got when she was just 2 months of age - so sweet - passed away at age 19 (very old) - we all still miss her, but, you are right they are up in heaven playing with the other goats and family.  It seems so hard to love such creatures so much as it is hard when they are gone, but the memories are always sweet.  So lots of good memories for you and your family this Christmas.  I agree with your thoughts of having a lot of acreage and being able to care for those goats.  If I ever won the lotto here that is one of my dreams, a farm in Hawaii.  

Love to all your family, you and Migi -  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County