Goats/DEAD WETHER

Question
i CANT FIGURE WHAT HAPPENED WITH MY MOKEY. HE WAS DEAD THIS MORNING WHEN WE WENT OUT. YESTERDAY HE WAS WALKING AROUND AND EATING SOMEWHAT, DRINKING, THEN GONE. HE LAY APART FROM THE REST AND STAYED INSIDE. I FEAR FOR THE REST- WHAT COULD IT HAVE BEEN? CONTAGIOUS?

Answer
I am sorry to say it is difficult to say - could have been just the bloat, and then pneumonia.  I would say it was a pneumonia and this is not contagious.  If you have raccoons, or other such animals that come into the goat's pen the it is possible the goat picked up leptospirosis from them.  But penicillin given at the dose I gave you should have taken care of all items.  Is everyone else looking fine?  Eating and drinking fine? Let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres