Goats/Goat possibly in labor! please respond

My pygmy goat is on her 148 day of pregnancy, she has been showing some signs of labor, Like arching her back, yawning and also lifting her tail or wagging it, also her udder has started to fill, she has been having these symptoms the past 2 days but nothing is progressing! Should I be worried or just wait it out?

Hello - these are prelabor signs generally.  Goats generally are pregnant for 150 to 155 days, so she is well within time frame and you should not worry.  The best way to tell when she is going to kid is when her sides drop and when her pelvic ligaments cannot be felt anymore - that is, you could put your thumb and forefinger around the backbone just above the tailhead.  Has she passed her mucous plug yet?  Hope this helps.  If you need immediate answers please feel free to call me at 360-742-8310 - Donna - keep me posted.

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County