Goats/kid goats born with tumors

hi our neighbour 2 goats just had their babies... both moms had twines and all kids were born dead with tumors ???? we had give him our billy to breed them... however we needled our animals but he doesnt ... could of this been because of something wrong with our billy goat ???? thxs

It is unlikely that this was something wrong with the buck. I would wonder about what moms ate or any medications they had during pregnancy. Do you know where tumors were located or what they looked like. There are. Also many infectious causes for stillborn kids. To prevent this in the future, they need a necropsy of a kid to find out what caused it.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law