Goats/lame kids from birth

What can i do for my two kids one has a bad front leg.The other cant use any of her legs?thank you

Most likely this is selenium deficiency - each should get one 200 mcg human selenium tablet crushed and dissolved in a little hot water and to that add half the oil from a 1000 IU vitamin E capsule and half the oil from an 800 IU vitamin D capsule, mix, cool, give orally now and repeat tomorrow, may need to repeat a third day.  Should see improvement in 24 hours.  Are they eating okay.  Should also ask if the legs/joints are swollen or hot?  How old are these kids.  If the joints are swollen or hot this could be joint ill and that would require injectable antibiotics.  If the legs are just weak selenium should help.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County