Goats/newborn male goat

Question
We have a newborn male, mixed breed, goat that is 72 hours old and he will not suckle the mother, a nipple or a finger and he has very little control of his back legs.  Have you heard of this?  We are getting fluids in him by syringe.  Do you know of anything else we can or should be doing for him?  Thank you for your help.

Answer
Give him 1/8 cc of Bose. Could be white muscle disease, or lack of selenium/vitamin E. If you do not have BoSe, open a capsule of vitamin E and give him that. You need to tube feed him, so go to feed store to get the equipment. It is hard to give enough fluids by syringe and they can aspirate. Good luck.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith