Goats/Pygmy goat no milk flow with new born

I have a pygmy goat which gave birth 02/24/2013. Mother's udder is full; however no milk seen coming out of either teat.  Have been bottle feeding baby every four or five hours. Teats seem to be clear.

Is the udder hard or hot to touch?  Sometimes the teats have a milk plug and if this is not expressed then no milk will come out - so if the udder is soft to touch then I would suspect there is a milk plug that keeps the milk from coming out the teats.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County