Goats/Re: Migis Update

Good Morning Donna,
Update on Migi - Migi continues to do well however u know Donna Migi was going fine but lately i notice that Migis been losing his hair again, & i haven't been keeping up with his SELENIUM & VITAMIN E could that be the reason for this problem? Also i'm having a hard time getting VITAMIN E 1,000IU here at our local pharmacies they only carry 400IU & 800IU'S can i use these VITAMINS & give more to equal 1,0000IU?.. Also Donna u know its been very very very windy & drizzling rain but more so very windy so i've been giving Migi only DURAMYCIN mixed with yogurt & his PROBIOTIC PASTE everyday until the winds subside in about 8 days the weather forecast say this winds will last for 8 days so i don't want for him to come down with PNEUMONIA thats y i've been giving him his DURAMYCIN MEDS. & i also notice that his nose is runny could it be from this weather & if so can i give him some BENADRYL? Thanks Donna let me know. Note: I am also not feeling well my SINUSITIS has kept me from doing more for Migi thats y i have been neglecting him from his SELENIUM. I will start again with the SELENIUM & follow up 10 days later. I just feel HORRIBLE with my SINUS INFECTION.

Me & Migi

Sinusitis sounds horrid - so sorry.  Re Migi, doubt the runny nose is anything.  I'm surprised the vitamin E is not in 1000 IU capsules - that is the normal for vitamin E - the vitamin D is normally in the 400 and 800 IU capsule.  But, if the vitamin E (different than the vitamin D and both must be given with the selenium for it to work well) is only in the smaller dosings you can just use two of the 800's. Can't overdose on vitamin E or D.  Hope this helps - feel better - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County