Goats/Re: Snack foods

Good Evening Donna,
Update on Migi - U know Donna i'm concerned about Migis poop & weight b/c he is still pooping dog like poop could it be from his digestive upset he had or worms b/c he seems like hes losing weight i can feel his bones even though he eats his hay. And now he only likes eating pretzels & ritz crackers & hay. Sometimes i rotate the pretzels & ritz crackers but he eats his hay too. Sometimes i feed him his pretzels & crackers 6 times a day along with almost a flake of his hay per day. Now he dosen't like the cereal, raisins, croutons, animal crackers. I don't give anymore corn chips. I wonder how i can make him gain weight. Do u think i need to worm him? I need to buy him his wormers at the FEED/FARM STORE. While i'm there i will pick up some COB and see if he will eat that. Let me know. Thanks Donna.

Me & Migi

Okay, so we talked about gaining weight before in that he needs extra fat and extra protein - the only place he will get protein is from grain and that has fat in it too - that is about the only way.  You could check with the feed store and see if they have something called calf manna - usually this comes in small 5 to 10 pound bags - I will warn you that it is expensive, but you do not have to give a lot to the goats as it is so high in all the items a goat needs and so it lasts longer than regular grain - I would say that 99% of all goats who have tried it really like it.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County