Goats/worming lactating nannies and kids

Question
Is it safe to worm nannies while the are feeding kids. How old do kids have to be before worming. What should I use?

Answer
The only worming regimen/wormers I would advise for does to be given during their feeding of their kids is use of Zimectrin (ivermectin) and Safeguard (fenbendazole) oral horse wormers - you use twice the body weight of the goat and find that measurement on the plunger of the tube and then place the lock on it and give that orally - you start with one wormer and then 2 months later go to the other wormer, then 2 months and so on, back and forth between the two wormers.  I would start with Safeguard.  Also, you can start the kid goats on their worming regimen beginning at 2 months of age.  Both wormers are safe for all production of goats.  Other wormers are not acceptable for does in milk with kids drinking that milk.  Hope that helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres