Goats/1 day old kid unable to use legs

Question
Yesterday Tinkerbell delivered 3 kids.  The "runt" is not able to stand or use her legs at all.  I made sure she fed, but she's incapable of doing so by herself.  I'm not sure what needs to be done about her legs, but I have already started bottle feeding.  Is this something that will clear up or should i try splints? Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks
Jennifer

Answer
Sorry for the delay in answering - Most likely this is selenium deficiency - would start her on one 200 mcg selenium tablet crushed and dissolved in a little hot water and to that add half the oil from a 1000 IU capsule of vitamin E and half the oil from an 800 IU capsule of vitamin D - mix, cool and give orally.  Would repeat this tomorrow and probably again the next day. You should see improvement in a 24 hour period with her legs being stronger.  No splints.  Glad you are bottle feeding - very nice.  Let me know - Donna 360-742-8310

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres