Goats/angora goats

My goats had a lice outbreak, the male looks good but the female has flaky itchy skin and is still losing hair, even after being shorn.  I don't see anything crawling on either of them anymore.  Is Benadryl safe for goats?  Her diet has been the same except for maybe some different brouse.

Yes, it is safe. Most people give the syrup, with a dose of 15-20 ml for an adult goat. You could also try giving an injection of ivermectin SQ, or get some lice dust with pyrethrins to sprinkle on the goat's back. Some goats are more susceptible. Wheat germ oil (usually marketed for horses) can help with dandruff.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law