Goats/angora goats

Question
My goats had a lice outbreak, the male looks good but the female has flaky itchy skin and is still losing hair, even after being shorn.  I don't see anything crawling on either of them anymore.  Is Benadryl safe for goats?  Her diet has been the same except for maybe some different brouse.

Answer
Yes, it is safe. Most people give the syrup, with a dose of 15-20 ml for an adult goat. You could also try giving an injection of ivermectin SQ, or get some lice dust with pyrethrins to sprinkle on the goat's back. Some goats are more susceptible. Wheat germ oil (usually marketed for horses) can help with dandruff.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith