Goats/Baby goat loose poop

I have a baby that i was from triplets in a pygmy goat.  I took the baby away because she was getting weak and kept her in the house bottle feeding her.  We finished up the powdered colostrum and just last night now started her on sav a kid goat milk replacer.  She has been fine on all of that but now i notice this morning her stools are loose.  I know she ate quite a bit at her 4 am feeding but I am not sure how much, could it be from her over eating?  Her next feeding at 8 I noticed it but I only let her drink a couple ounces.  What can I do to help fix the problem for her?

What color is her diarrhea/loose poop?  Yellow is enterotoxemia, green is coccidiosis, cream/white is E. coli and brown to black is either digestive upset or bacterial enteritis.  If it is yellow she needs CDT toxoid injections (CDT antitoxin is best but this is only available online) at 1 cc now, again in 2 hours, again in 2 hours after that, and then again tomorrow.  Would also need pepto bismol at one half tablespoon every 2 to 4 hours depending on how bad/watery the diarrhea is.  Also would start back on colostrum for feeding and mix with non flavored antibiotics. Overeating can cause the stress of enterotoxemia.  If the diarrhea is just brown then it probably is just digestive upset from the switch and/or eating too much.  I use the multispecies milk replacer as it is much easier on the kid goats digestive tract.  Would dilute the current milk replacer so the baby is not getting a full share of the replacer.  Let me know - Donna - you are welcome to call also at 360-742-8310

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County