Goats/baby goats with allergies

We have twin goats that both have runny eyes and noses.  Is is safe to give allergy medicines like Zyrtec or Clariton to them?  They have no other problems, they are eating well and drinking.  We have another set of twins that run in the same areas with no problems.  So, I really think they are allergic to the hay dust because their mom has runny eyes off and on also.  Thank You.

Liquid Benadryl syrup is best. Also, keep a close ear on their lungs and breathing to make sure they don't develop pneumonia. Take temps now to learn what is normal for them, in case they get sicker. If the seem to be getting pinkeye, a drop of oxytetracycline several times a day in the eye will help.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law