Goats/Bad Goat Diarrhea

My pregnant doe has diarrhea that has a real foul smell and is not eating and very close to delivering. Dosed with penicillin 1cc and gave some electrolytes. We did lose a new mother goat last week after  she failed to feed the kid then diarrhea then next day dead.

I live way out and no close vet. PLEASE give help.

Has she been dewormed? I am also concerned it may be coccidiosis. Firsst give pepto bismol, deworm. Give the goat some roughage and probiotics. Fir, wheat straw, blackberry, whatever you have. Hae they had cdt shots? If not get cdt antitoxin.. What is their diet?

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law