Goats/fecal test

I had a fecal test done on my five goats.
below are the name and count for each
goat. what do the numbers tell me?

Strongyle 11
Coccidia 1.

Strongyle 24

Strongyle 5
Coccidia 10

Two tone
Strongyles 9

strongyle 4,
coccidia 1

Please advise

Hello - fecal scores in the single digits through 20 are fine.  Once you are over 20 you should look at the general lumbar score/condition score of the goat - if the goat looks fine and has normal pelleted poop I don't worry about numbers such as 24 or 25; if the goat looks thin and has "dog poop" type poop then worms are probably the issue.  I don't usually "count" the eggs/oocysts but look at the slide and if I see a large number of eggs in view then I consider that time to re-worm.  I also do not look for coccidia specifically unless I am looking at a kid goat's diarrhea - coccidia is in all goats and it is generally only in the kid goats under 6 months that it causes issues.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County