Goats/lice problem!!!

Question
I just bought a 3-day-old male fainting goat.  I have never owned any kind of goat before so this is all very new to me, but I love my little guy already :)  He has lice, and I have googled every phrase imaginable to figure out what is safe to use on him with him being so young and finally I found this site.  Can you please help me to safely treat my baby?

Answer
If you are sure it is lice - seeing small white bugs in the hair - then use of a poultry/livestock dust is about your only choice currently - place dust on the body and fluff through the hair and then try to fluff off residual powder off - keep away from face - also keep out of your lungs by either using a mask or dusting in the open air and not breathing in when fluffing the dust - same with the kid goat - you will only be using perhaps 1/2 teaspoon of the powder - will need to re do in one week.  I take it he is inside with you so use of towels and not hay would also help with keeping the lice out of your house.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres