Goats/Lisl

Question
Thanks for responding so quickly. I am going to try the homeopathic method for a few days. If I don't see any improvement, I will try the penicillin I think. I was taking a closer look today, and the discharge looks whitish where before it had looked more yellow. Could it be a yeast infection as a result of the antibiotics, or even just from the breeding? The discharge doesn't smell at all. I was even thinking (perhaps wishfully) that if it were a yeast infection, maybe she could still be bred?

The article I read about treating metritis homeopathically said that goats are more vulnerable to the infections if they are deficient in vitamin A. They recommended cod liver oil. So my plan: I'll giving her a tsp cod liver oil once a day and a high dose of vitamin C 3 times a day. I also gave her another dose of selenium because the last dose was given in Dec. Also gave her adult human dose of high potentcy B-vitamins. I figure after about 3-4 days I'll check the progress. The only thing is the prospect of a yeast infection. Thanks as always!

Answer
Hi there - thanks for the update.  Sounds good with the vitamins - lack of vitamin D also allows infections to take hold.  Re a yeast infection/fungal infection, the LA200 should have taken care of that - 4.5 cc per 100 pounds body weight once a day for 5 days would be the general dose.  Penicillin will not take care of fungal infections but if this is a Chlamydia infection the penicillin would.  Keep me posted - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres