Goats/male goat

We have a male goat who turns 1 in April we didn't know to separate him from his mom and 2 sisters he got all 3 pregnant we have 2 new ones and another anyday he gorges us when we go in but is loving what do we do to calm him down

No real way to calm him down - he is a buck and that is his attitude.  He will continue to be aggressive to you, especially during the breeding season - if these are dairy goats then they are a seasonal breeder - August through February - or if they are pygmy goats they are a year around breeder.  I do not keep my bucks in with the does ever, and my bucks are bottle raised and sweet, but you cannot still trust them during the breeding season.  If you do not have another pen for him, which I would advise, I would put him on a dog runner - the type that goes from tree to tree or post to post and his lead is then attached to that so he gets some exercise but cannot get to anyone to injure them.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County