Goats/no milk

Question
I have a healthy boer doe that has kidded with twice with healthy triplets however she does not develop a udder and very little to almost no milk she is very sound otherwise and i own her mother which always produces lots of milk is there something i can give her prior to kidding  or is this something that is hormonenal any help would be appreciated

Answer
Strangely enough, none of the goat books seems to address this, not even Goat Medicine, which was written for veterinarians. If the udder is not hard, then it may just be a genetic condition. Goat Medicine mentions studies in France, where goats were given hormones to induce lactation when they were not pregnant, but then gives reasons why you should not do it.

You can try some herbal methods, or even try milking her between feedings and giving the milk back to the kids. That should stimulate production, if it can be done. Herbal and natural methods include giving oats, turmeric, nutritional yeast, fennel and fenugreek, among others.

A final thought: has she been tested for CAE virus? That can cause an udder to become hard and not produce milk.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith