Hi , how agree you Donna ? Re Maple , yesterday she got into that horsetail again , and last evening she collapsed by the door shaking , weak and telltale signs of eating something bad . I put her in the sick kid pen and really this morning thought she would be dead . No way this girl has 9 lives . She was up bleating and wanting out . This time she is in an area that has none of that crap growing . She got her zantac , and B50 again and probios . I hope she makes a turn around , because if she doesn't with all this nice green coming theres definitely something very wrong with her . Question about peanut , the udder is still making progress as well as the teat . Next Sunday will be ten days of the la 200 , if at that time theres still some hardness , should i continue antibiotics , and if so stay on la 200 or switch again ? I really only have pen la or the noramycin long acting . The mammary gland is still softing up , so i have hope it will heal entirely , but there also may be hard tissue left . Thanks          P.S. I still have fast acting pen pro .

Yup, you really need the biosponge for episodes like this.  Glad she is back this morning.  Re the LA200 - that is oxytetracycline and sometimes bacteria is killed better by that, so I would .   Again, I only like to use penicillin - straight - twice a day - I would assume you could get this online, at least I would hope.  Anyway to your question, to be sure I would give the LA200 for another 7 days after this current treatment ends.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County