Hi Donna , still not a lot of change again today , although she seems very alert and actually happy . The swelling appears to have subsided some , udder is still very hard , but i have been applying heat and massageing , which she seems to enjoy . This new infusion is a bigger tube but was able to put the prescribed doseage , half , in the teat and it stayed , so some progress is being made as the first infusion mayby a cc and that ran out . Totally unrelated question . I am milking off the good teat and i have a goat here ,Annie , who loves milk , an adult . I,ve always given her a bit as a treat , but this is more like 2 cups a couple times a day , will this harm her in any way ? She loves coffey also and will go to great lengths to get the contents from my traveller ,,, lol .

Thanks for the update.  Sometimes it takes weeks for an udder to really improve, but having her seem to be feeling better is a great thing.  Re the milk, not a problem giving it to Annie - it's okay for her.  Re coffee - so funny!  Does she like it black or with cream and sugar - ha, ha.  Keep me posted.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County