Hi Donna how are you tonight ? An update on peanuts udder . It's no worse but not much improvement today , the teat does look a little less swelled and where the hanger came through the back side , now looks very bruised . The udder , if i can say it this way feels like a hard flat lobe , inside the bag . I have some does that display this all the time but not nearly as big . I massage it and she doesn't seem to be in any pain as i rub in circular motions sometimes pressing quite firmly . I try to stay on top the heat sessions but its tough to be on time . Her little doe has fully recovered her problem and up and playing today . So do you think this lobe , or udder will come round , still nice and pink and not hot . Personally i believe the worse of the infection now is in that teat , hopefully the la 200 will make a bigger improvement . Thanks

What you're feeling in the udder could be scar tissue or the mammary system could be so injured that it will not come back - hard to tell at this point.  The good news though is that the udder itself is not gangrenous.  Also hoping the LA200 will take care of the rest.  So glad the little one is doing well.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County