Goats/Peanut

Question
Hi Donna , tonight much the same , was able to massage abit of water and blood out of her teat , very gently . She didn't seem to mind like this morning , its the needle she hates . Crys like a baby . The udder is still rock hard still pink , freaks me out . I would have thought after 4 days of needles there would be more improvement . I do have the LA 200 Oxytetracycline on hand if after 10 days the udder remains the same . If i understood this fellow this udder has been hard for at least 2 weeks . Is there anything else that can cause this condition ? someone suggested congested udder , not sure what this is . Thanks

Answer
Thanks for the update.  Not much more you can do for the udder hardness - sounds like the tissues are so congested that it could take weeks before you see any improvement.  Any chance of just drying her up?  Epsom salt hot water compresses sometimes will help.  I have a feeling it may start changing color.  I would go the 10 days of penicillin twice a day and then if that does not do anything you can certainly switch to the LA200 giving it once a day for 10 days.  Hope that helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres