Goats/penicillin dosage

Question
My dairy doe either hurt her back left pastern and hoof area or acquired an infection in the hoof when I trimmed it too short and there was some bleeding. At the time of the trimming I stopped the bleeding with blood stop poweder and gave her 2ccs of C,D & T.  Nine days later she slipped on that same leg and is now limping quite a bit.  There is heat in the pastern area and she is, I think, running a bit of a temp.  It varies from 102.6 in the morning to 103 in the evening.  One day after the noticeable injury I started dosing her with 1 1/2 tabs of 325mg aspirin 3x/day and icing the pastern area twice a day when I milked.  I've also given her a couple of doses of probios and decided to start her on penicillin last night.  The best I could find at the time on the penicillin dosage was 2ml once a day IM.   However, after more research today, I think I need to give her a lot more, like 7-10 ml twice a day.  What is correct?  Thanks!

Answer
Anything over 102.5 is a fever/infection.  Re the penicillin, dosage for goats is 3 cc/100 pounds body weight twice a day for 5 to 7 days.  And, during this time the goat also needs to be on probiotics twice a day.  Icing is good.  Aspirin 325 mg per 100 pounds body weight every 4 hours is also good for pain and inflammation.  Glad you gave her the CDT booster.  Hope all this helps.  Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres