Goats/Single goat

I've had 2 pygmy goats for 14 years. One died today. I have a friend that has several goats. Would my goat be better off if I kept her alone or give her to my friend where she would be with other goats?

Sorry to hear of the loss.  Some goats do okay, especially the older ones, when they lose their only goat friend.  As long as you are around for her that's important.  If she stops eating and drinking well then that could indicate she is depressed.  You can give her a homeopathic remedy called Pulsatilla that can help with depression and anxiety.  I would think that sending her to another place with new goats would make it much more stressful for her and she would not do well.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County