Goats/Thank you so much.

Donna, you are a godsend! Thank you ever so much. Greta is doing great. The bleeding stopped just like you said and she is eating. I think you saved her life. I am singing your praises to my family and friends. If you make as big of a difference for others as you did for me (and I am sure that you do), then you are truly changing the world. When I was putting my birthing kit together and gathering some emergency numbers, I tried calling the nearest large animal vet just to let them know. They said they were booked full and busy until June. Then I called tufts, and the woman I talked to said she would have a vet call me back the next day. No one ever called. So in the midst of my emergency, you answered instantly, and because of that, I think I got the baby out just 20 min after the bubble came -  following your directions to the letter. Thanks a million. With Love, Molly

Thanks so very much - I appreciate your thanks.  I try to help as many folks as I can.  Glad Greta is eating and looking good today.  I am sorry about the loss of the kid goat but you did a great job getting it out and saving the doe any more injury.  Nice job.  Please do call anytime or e-mail.  Thanks again - Donna

PS Expect lochia (birthing discharge) for up to 6 weeks, some days it will only be a little and other days it could be more.  What you don't want to see is brownish or grayish and terrible smelling discharge.  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County