Goats/bowed leg

Question
We have a kid born two days ago she has what we would call club feet. One worse than the other, they are bowed out,she can get up and walk but lays back down pretty quickly.Is their anything we can do to help straighten out her leg (legs). Any exercises or meds that would possible help her. Generally speaking is this something that they can live with and adapt to?Thanks in advance for your answers.

Answer
Was she a single kid? Was she big?  Sometimes this is caused by how she lays in the uterus.  I would assume however that this is most likely just a selenium deficiency.  Would give one 200 mcg selenium tablet (human) crushed and dissolved in a little hot water and to that add half the oil from a 1000 IU vitamin E capsule and half the oil from an 800 IU vitamin D capsule, mix, cool and give orally today, then tomorrow, and again the next day.  She may need another dose in 10 days.  You should see improvement after about 24 to 48 hours.  I would take her in and bottle feed her so she is out of harms way from other goats.  Let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres