Goats/crusty ears and spot by eye

I have a goat kid, about 15 pounds, 1/2 Boer and 1/2 dairy goat, she is a twin and she has crusty sores on both ears.  The sores are at the part of the ear closest to the head. I can see red to pink skin under the crusty /flaky sores. I tried to rub off the sores but that didn't work. She also has a hard and raised spot at the end of her eye.  She is about 3 to 4 weeks old. I was giving her first shot of C & D and found this. The other twin and the mother look fine.

Sounds like mange mites - some goats get them and some don't and many times with kid goats one seems to have less of a strong immune system and allows the mites to take hole.  Would make a paste from livestock mite dust mixed with a little water - mix until a paste consistency and then put that paste on the affected area.  Would also dust the goat with the livestock dust.  Might also dust the mom and twin too.  When you say a hard raised spot at the end of her eye do you mean on the eyelid/lower or upper, or at the corner of the eye? This could be a mite sore but also could be just coincidental.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County