Goats/Male goat with urination problems

Question
I have a 3 month old buck and I have noticed in the last 2 days that he is crying out when urinating and goes in spurts. He will go about a Tlb spoon, move and go some more and then has dripping when he is through for a minute or so, this is all done over a course of a few minutes. He is acting normal otherwise, eating, drinking, playing. I am feeding goat pellets, coastal hay, free choice of mineral and baking soda, not mixed. Not sure what this could be, fearing kidney stones, but local vets are not open here on the weekends and wouldn't be able to get him there until Monday, so wondering what to do in the mean time or idea on what this might be?

Answer
When you say "goat pellets" what are they made of? What is the protein, calcium and phosphorus ratio.  Is the coastal hay just a grass hay or is more of an alfalfa, timothy or orchard? Do you use cedar shavings for his bedding? This is either a urinary tract infection or urinary calculi.  Is his stomach - lower area where his penis is - bloated at all/full feeling?  With the fact that he is drinking water and otherwise seems well I would suspect urinary tract infection.  I would start him on oral antibiotics - tetracycline or duramycin or Sulmet - tell me what you have or can get at the feed store and I can get you the dosage.  Would also start on aspirin at one 325 mg tablet per 100 pounds body weight every 4 to 6 hours for pain and inflammation - needs to be crushed and dissolved in a little hot water, cooled and given orally.  Would also start on cranberry juice - if he won't drink it would give as an oral drench.  He should also be on probiotics during the time he is on antibiotics.  He would need to be on the antibiotics for 7 to 10 days twice a day - again let me know what you have available and I can get you the dosing.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres