Goats/Peanuts Udder

Hi Donna , how are you well I hope ? Tonight while I had Peanut on the stand to do her heat therapy , I milked out the good side and noticed a clump come out in the milk . Last night the same thing . I can't imagine her developing mastitis on that side now . My theory is she had some maybe in the beginning , and now with all the shaking around , with me massaging , and the kid pushing , which I never did have the heart to take her away from mom , has loosened up some junk . Other than that she is doing well the infected side continues to shrink , as well as the teat , but the teat still has a nasty lump where that hanger went through , but the bruising is subsiding . Just wondering what you think this may be .? Thanks

I think you are correct about the other side of the udder being stressed but with the antibiotics on board I would hope this would take care of it.  Re the lump, I would assume it is scar tissue that is creating this.  Sometimes scar ointment or scar tissue ointment made for horses may help.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County