Goats/Peanuts Udder

Question
Hi Donna , how are you well I hope ? Tonight while I had Peanut on the stand to do her heat therapy , I milked out the good side and noticed a clump come out in the milk . Last night the same thing . I can't imagine her developing mastitis on that side now . My theory is she had some maybe in the beginning , and now with all the shaking around , with me massaging , and the kid pushing , which I never did have the heart to take her away from mom , has loosened up some junk . Other than that she is doing well the infected side continues to shrink , as well as the teat , but the teat still has a nasty lump where that hanger went through , but the bruising is subsiding . Just wondering what you think this may be .? Thanks

Answer
I think you are correct about the other side of the udder being stressed but with the antibiotics on board I would hope this would take care of it.  Re the lump, I would assume it is scar tissue that is creating this.  Sometimes scar ointment or scar tissue ointment made for horses may help.  Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres