Goats/Selenium

Question
Good morning!
I have a newborn that has her front leg bowed out just a tad, and I remember when  I had a newborn that was walking with her hoof buckled under and you told me what to do and it worked.  Can I give the newborn the Selenium E Gel and if so how much.

Sincerely,
Alicia

You are the best!!!!

Answer
The selenium gel usually does not help.  I always advise use of human selenium/E/D - for new borns this is one 200 mcg selenium crushed and dissolved in a little hot water and to that add half the oil from a 1000 IU vitamin E capsule and half the oil from an 800 IU vitamin D capsule - mix, cool and give orally.  You would repeat tomorrow and possibly the next day.  You will not overdose the goat on this.  Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres