Goats/Goat Health

Question
QUESTION: i was wondering if i can use red cell for bred does and how much is the dose

ANSWER: What are you using it for?  Does your goat have anemia? Let me know first - thanks - Donna

QUESTION: yes they do, i just wanted to be on the safe side in case if they are bred. and what is the dose for goats

Answer
So, the inner lower eyelids are white? The issue here is not only treating the anemia but also treating the cause of the anemia, which is generally due to either liver flukes or the barber pole worm.  I do not use red cell at all - if anemic the goats do well with iron tablets or Geritol liquid.  If you already have the red cel available I would use the same as the dose for sheep or half of the dose for horses.  Hope that helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres