Goats/large looking cyst.

This morning while letting the goats out I noticed that one goat has a large soft lump above the uters. I have no male so she can't be pregnant. It wasn't there and all of a sudden there it is. The other women who lets them out did not notice it until today also. What can grow that fast. Karen

When you say above the udder, is this on the udder, in front of the udder along the abdomen or behind the udder up by the udder attachment area? How large is the lump? Where do they graze/what type of plants are there? Is she otherwise eating and drinking well? Is she in milk? Let me know re my questions and I will get back to you - thanks - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County