Goats/pulled muscle

My 18month old, boer goat doe, has pulled a muscle in her left front leg. Her limp is pretty bad. She is on rest, meaning I don't let her out of her pen to run. Is there anything else I should be doing for her? Are there any supplements I can give her? She is my goat most likely to hurt a leg. Thank you for your time

Any swelling in leg? Any heat to the leg? Most of the time in goats this is not pulled muscles but more a sprain/strain.  This happens with goats from jumping and playing and then stepping in a hole, etc.   Glad you have her on rest/small pen.  Would start her on aspirin at one 325 mg aspirin crushed and dissolved in a little hot water, cool and give orally.  You could also give her arnica montana which is a homeopathic remedy for musculoskeletal trauma/injury. These are usually available at supplement/health stores - these are little pellets and a 150 pound goat would get 5 of these pellets orally once, then again in 2 hours, and then repeating tomorrow.  It can take as long as 6 to 8 weeks for the goat to start walking on it normally.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County